TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wanted to get some opions on my valves...
People Seeking Info

Subject Wanted to get some opions on my valves...

Posted by platinumist on December 12, 2016 at 5:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 587 times.

Message Ive been hunting down a smoking issue on my car. Gray smoke, definitely oil, always on decel after a hard pull. Rebuilt motor has around 5k miles. Compression and leakdown tested ok, turbos had new chra's put in them with the rebuild. Intake plumbing is bone dry, PCV is fully blocked off - except for the ports at the top valve covers to accordion tubes.

From the research I have done, the gray smoke probably means the oil is burning in the cylinder. Pulled the plenum for a throttle body upgrade (BTW, is ROBZ the only option out there right now? I'm doing the stanza TB mod and it is pretty involved) and the valves look oily to me. Some are better than others. I know the shop put generic valves in, and I remember him losing the viton seals I bought at one point in the machine shop. I was hoping someone could verify these look bad before I tear the heads off in a couple of months and get a proper valve job.

Cyl 1

Cyl 2

Cyl 3

Cyl 4

Cyl 5

Cyl 6

And one of the cockpit for fun :) Any input is appreciated, but looks like a valve job to me.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.